There were lots of lessons learned in 2010, and rather than beating myself up for what didn’t get accomplished, I’m going to salute the high points, feel good about what I did, what I learned, who I met, and use it as a jumping off point for 2011. Don’t you think that’s better than the usual New Year’s resolutions? In no particular order…
- Lesson 1: worked with Mark on making two great videos for Accidental Locavore. If you haven’t seen them, here’s the link. Goal: when the weather gets warmer, hope he’s done with his screenplay and we can develop some more episodes.
- Lesson 2: I’ve shot some simple videos with my flip camera, and learned to edit them. Sometimes it can get a little nit-picky, but it’s always fun to see how much I can do with simple tools. Goal: to see if I can add some more camera angles to them, so my friend who makes Lester & Charlie won’t call them the headless videos anymore.
- Lesson 3: built the site for Accidental Locavore with the help of genius Gary. Goal: Start adding some ads from people like my friends 2 Chicks with Chocolate, and NYCH20 who are building local businesses using sustainable products, and make the site revenue positive. Goal 2: Start spreading the word, and you can help!
- Lesson 4: created a vision statement. Maybe better than a business plan, it keeps my eye on the prize. Goal: make it all happen!
- Lesson 5: started cooking “out of the box“, in other words, making things we all think come in packages. Now I routinely make yogurt, granola, mayo, and my first batch of bacon. Goal: start making cheese and sausages, beef jerky, and my own sriracha hot sauce.
- Lesson 6: conquered my fear of canning. Goal: to move beyond simple pickles. Kimchi anyone?
- Lesson 7: I’ve always been a great idea person, and have become a really good networker. Goal: develop pitch for Accidental Locavore, and the new competition cooking show, and network my way to a top production company to make it happen.
- Lesson 8: gotten so much from my amazing accountability group. An amazing bunch of women who have been immensely helpful! Goal: make this the best year ever!
- Lesson 9: Do what you’re passionate about. Life is too short to be miserable. Goal: follow my passions and wherever I end up, I’ll be happy!
- Lesson 10: Talk to those who love you, and listen carefully to what they have to say. My husband put a lot into perspective for me earlier this year, and I’m really grateful. Goal: Always remember who loves you.
What about you? What are your lessons learned for 2010? And where will they take you?