Chickpea salad. Easy and delicious.
We gobbled it down and tried to figure it out. Turns out to be super easy to make and so good!
This will feed two hungry people as a side salad and can be made in about 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup good olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ rind of preserved lemon or zest of ½ lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced or put through a garlic press (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
In a small bowl mix all together, serve and enjoy!
My Verdict: This is a super easy salad to throw together. I’ve started soaking and cooking my chickpeas because the flavor is so much better than the canned variety, then I just bag them and toss them in the freezer. I’ve also been making my own preserved lemons for a while, they’re great to have in the fridge and like the chickpeas, are simple, just a matter of having a little time to do them. If you’re in a hurry the canned chickpeas and regular lemons are fine. The flavors will intensify if you let it sit out for an hour before serving.