Once a year, the Accidental Locavore takes a break from food (sorta, kinda-have to remember to ask about the bacon hike…) to hike and raise money for City of Hope.
Do you remember what you were doing 15 years ago? How about 15 minutes ago? What I hope you’ll be doing in the next 15 minutes is supporting me and my team in this year’s 15th annual Hike 4 Hope. Hard to believe it’s been 15 years since that first hike!
Here’s what your generous support has done*:
- Hike 4 Hope raises crucial funds to continue the groundbreaking research at City of Hope and to raise awareness of the cancers that affect women today. Together, we work toward the day when women’s cancers are a thing of the past.
- City of Hope’s lifesaving research has led to the development of the widely used cancer fighting drugs, Herceptin, Rituxan and Avastin.
- § They are pioneers in robotic surgery and targeted radiation TomoTherapy which means more effective treatment to specific areas of the body, and less dosage to healthy areas, resulting in significantly reduced side effects!
- City of Hope’s grape seed extract, mushroom, and blueberry studies hold promise in breast cancer prevention!
- The research taking place at City of Hope is shared with medical centers worldwide and has improved the lives of men, women and children throughout the world.
Donating is easy, just click here and give as much as you can. In celebration of the Hike’s 15th Anniversary, how about adding $15 to your donation? It will bring us that much closer to a cure!
Thank you so much for your contributions and support and for making the Same Time Next Year Gals the #1 fundraising team!
*All bulleted information is from City of Hope’s website.