See, there was a method to the Accidental Locavore’s madness: six blog posts and six recipes for a total of twelve posts to round-up 2012. Here are the top recipes from 2012, including the most posted on Pinterest. Not surprising, the most popular were also seasonal, so you might have to wait a bit to try some of them. They’re all easy and quick, too. What’s your favorite or what will you resolve to try in 2013?
- Recipe for Chive Blossom Vinegar: Something I had forgotten all about, chive blossom vinegar. A great way to use up all those flowers in a beautiful, tasty vinegar.
- Recipe for Garlic Scape Pesto: A friend gave me a huge bundle of garlic scapes and this pesto, while definitely strong enough to keep vampires away, is wonderful on lamb and fish as well as pasta.
- Grilled Caesar Salad: Not only was this the best thing we ate on that particular weekend, this quickly became our go-to salad over the summer. It’s a delicious twist on an old favorite.
- Recipe for My Green Tomatillo Salsa: This is my favorite salsa recipe. In the winter, when good-tasting tomatoes are impossible to find, tomatillos are a much better alternative for a fresh salsa. And, when you make it yourself, you can make it as hot (or not) as you’d like.
- Recipe for Coconut Macaroons, Easy and Delicious: Warning: these are addictive! If you really want to go all out, melt some good dark chocolate and dip them in. Don’t say you weren’t warned!
- Recipe for Warm Melting Chocolate Cakes: This is by far the most pinned and re-pinned photo on Pinterest. It’s fascinating because it has taken on a life of its own and gets re-pinned almost every day. It also happens to be a terrific dessert! That and the macaroons are my two go-to desserts.
Have a wonderful 2013!