Last week the Accidental Locavore met a friend at French Roast for lunch. With my lamb sandwich, there was a delicious chickpea salad. We gobbled it down and tried to figure it out. Turns out to be super easy to make and so good! This will feed two hungry people as a side salad and can be made in about 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup good olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ rind of preserved lemon or zest of ½ lemon
In a small bowl mix all together, serve and enjoy!
The flavors will intensify if you let it sit out for an hour before serving.
You could also add 1 small clove of garlic, minced and/or some chopped parsley.